Thursday, February 17, 2011

There are two particular girls at school that I really fancy - Zoe and Margaux. I always try to squeeze in between them when it's circle time and surprisingly, most of the time I'm successful in weaseling my way in. Just about every day I ask mommy to take me to play at their house. And just about everyday she explains to me that one can not just show up at some ones house uninvited. Zoe and Margaux's mommy's must be part of some high society club because they don't really talk to mama. This is the big pre-school mystery that has yet to be figured out...why the mom's are not so friendly. Zoe's mom actually does chat mama up from time to time but has a very thick German accent so half the time we're not really sure what she's saying. Zoe doesn't even speak English so my conversation with her is practically non-existent. Whenever we make our journey to Trader Joe's I beg mama to find the girls houses since I know they live along the store route. Last week mama ran into Zoe's mom at Trader Joe's while I was at school and I couldn't believe my ears when I heard that Zoe's mom mentioned we should come by for coffee sometime. It was an obscure offer....no particular date was suggested. Just that we should come. Well blow me down if we didn't receive a call yesterday afternoon inviting us over. Sadly, I was napping at the time and the invite was requesting I come over immediately since Zoe was protesting her nap. When I heard this news, I did indeed light up like a Christmas tree. It was, by far, the most exciting news ever! I will of course report back once I have actually had coffee talk with her.

No comments: