Friday, August 13, 2010
Daddy is on the loose this weekend and we were left behind to eat worms. He's heading up to see Auntie Ro in Vancouver for 3 nights. I'm still wondering how on earth did he get a hall pass for that many nights in a row. I think mommy's lost her marbles to authorize such a release. We've got big weekend plans despite daddy's absence. Tomorrow we're heading up to the Russian River with Cooper, Jack and Malena for the annual apple festival. My new friend Miranda is going to join us as well. In fact, we're going to transport her in our car which should be loads and loads of fun. I'm thinking about stopping off at Red Box to pick up a new film for our car ride up. I was thinking about a princess movie or something along those lines. She's Sophie's age so I ought to get something that's appropriate for them. It's doubtful that we'll do anything exciting or even remotely interesting today since mommy had a girls night out last night and didn't get home until almost midnight. I'm wondering what on earth she could have been doing out so late. She usually turns into a pumpkin at 10pm. Needless to say, she's dragging her feet today. Although she's been rather busy this morning....she made a dentist appointment for me, talked to her doctor about the new Staph infection that popped up yesterday on her leg, ordered daddy some new jeans that he's been wanting for something like forever, made lavender sugar water to use in lemonade or better yet, a lemon drop, built an awfully cool train track and intervened in about 10 fights between Sophie and I. Alas...the most important item....she did finally sign up for the home exchange program this morning so we're now on the hunt for a summer home next year. I'll keep you posted so that you can all sign up for the appropriate language program in case you're interested in visiting our host country.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You may be eating worms, but they're probably sauted with fresh Basil from your backyard.
Post a Comment