Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Pete Sampras is in the house. I started my tennis camp today and mama sat court side while admiring my form. There were only two others who showed up....Oscar, a high functioning autistic boy, along with his sister phoebe. Neither had any interest in the sport as evident by their interest in rock collecting. Their mom sort of did a fly by and just dropped them off and took off as fast as she could. I was that kid who kept yelling to mama, 'hey, look how good I am at tennis.' once xanah showed up at the park (tennis courts are connected to one), I then yelled at her to watch how good i am. Once my instructor gave me some key pointers, I was practically hitting the balls out of the court. Alex and Dennis are both on the piedmont high varsity tennis team and most likely have little to no experience teaching 4 year olds how to play. I'm just getting my feet wet, so to speak, and if I really like it, I'm moving up come August. The Berkeley tennis club has a summer camp that is supposedly fabulous and it looks pretty hopefully that I'll get to attend. I really had fun and seem to enjoy the sport. This is a relief since I'm being groomed to play on the Stanford tennis team. I keep telling mama that I'm never going to college because I never want to leave her. It gives her heart palpitations to think I'm stuck to her like glue forever but I'm sure in 13 years I'll be adequately prepared to leave the nest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment